2013/10/14

White Love

Released on 2013 Nov. 20th, included in the BD "LIVE - LEGEND I, D, Z, APOCALYPSE -",
recorded on 2012 Dec. 20th. at Legend "D" concert (performed only once then).
Lyric: Hiromasa IJICHI / Music: Hiromasa IJICHI

The original was sung by SPEED in 1997. This is SU-METAL's solo tune.

White Love

Over that endless cloud,
take me with you!
Don't get your hands off of me!

Down from a midwinter constellation has fallen the white love.
It lies thick on the depth of my bosom,
and sinks into my heart, turning to tears.

Every time, with the signs different from our mates, we call each other,
we can get strong.
Even when we are apart, you know, we are always one.

Uh, more steady, keep a hold on me!
In the night without your call, though I pretend to be tough,
actually I miss you.

Like the endless light of the stars,
with full heart of love,
I want to wrap you now.
Our encounter given by an angel,
going through that sky,
will keep on shining forever.

--------
On the window fogged by my white sigh blur the illuminations.
When I am happier,
actually I am more anxious about tomorrow and feel more like crying.

In my new pocket diary too be a lot of your initials,
I hope truly.
Since I have the next date, I can live today.

Ah, when the snow melts and the spring is coming,
like the sunbeams streaming through the trees,
I hope, I'll be a comfort to you.

Like the endless lives of the stars,
even if I am almost discouraged,
I'll keep on loving you
so that, like the fleeting snow,
my present happiness
won't disappear someday.
--------

[Uh] I love you... [Uh] Keep hugging me...

Over that endless cloud,
take me with you!
Don't get your hands off of me!

Our encounter given by an angel
can't be a miracle.
God, keep watching us!
This newly born love,
I swear, I'll cherish forever.

I want to be living for you.



  ROMAJI LYRIC AND NOTES ARE BELOW.


[i] About the Girl Group "SPEED"

The original was sung by a four-girl group named "SPEED" from Okinawa Pref., released in 1997 Oct. as their 5th single. They were 11 to 14 yr. on their TV debut in 1995 Nov. (the younger two were the lead singers and the older two at chorus), and people were amazed by their singing & dancing abilities.

They released many smash hits since their CD debut, and disbanded in 2000 Mar. to pursue their solo carriers, but rumor said it was because one member wanted more private time. They were reunited for a limited time in 2001 and in 2003, and permanently in 2008.


White Love

Romaji LyricEnglish TranslationNotes
 
Hateshinai ano kumo no kanata e Over that endless cloud,
watashi o tsureteitte! take me with you!
Sono te o hanasa-naide ne! Don't get your hands off of me!
 
Mafuyu no seiza kara
    mai-ochita shiroi koi,
Down from a midwinter constellation
    has fallen the white love.
1
mune no oku ni furi-tsumoru. It lies thick on the depth of my bosom,
Kokoro ni shimite namida ni naru. and sinks into my heart, turning to tears.
 
Nakama towa chigau sain de
    yobiau tabi
Every time, with the signs different from our mates,
    we call each other,
2
tsuyoku nareru. we can get strong.
Hanareteite mo
    itsu-datte hitotsu da yone.
Even when we are apart,
    you know, we are always one.
 
UH motto chanto itsumo tsukamaeteite! Uh, more steady, keep a hold on me!
Denwa ga nai yoru wa
    tsuyogattete mo
In the night without your call,
    though I pretend to be tough,
honto wa ne, I MISS YOU. actually I miss you.
 
Hateshinai hoshi no hikari no yooni Like the endless light of the stars,
mune ippai no ai de with full heart of love,
ima anata o tsutsumi-tai. I want to wrap you now.
Tenshi ga kureta deai wa Our encounter given by an angel,
ano sora o tsuki-nukete going through that sky,
eien ni kagayaki-tsuzukeru. will keep on shining forever.
--------3
Shiroi tameiki de kumotta mado ni
    nijimu irumineishon.
On the window fogged by my white sigh
    blur the illuminations.
Ureshii hodo When I am happier,
ashita ga fuande
    nakeru mono ne.
actually I am more anxious about tomorrow
    and feel more like crying.
 
Atarashii techoo ni mo
    anata no inisharu ga takusan
In my new pocket diary too
    be a lot of your initials,
4
arimasu yooni. I hope truly.
Tsugi no yakusoku ga aru kara
    ikite-yukeru yo.
Since I have the next date,
    I can live today.
5
 
AH yuki ga tokete yagate haru ga kuru koro Ah, when the snow melts and the spring is coming,
anata ni totte komorebi no yoona like the sunbeams streaming through the trees,
yasuragi ni natte-tai. I hope, I'll be a comfort to you.6
 
Hateshinai hoshi no inochi no yooni Like the endless lives of the stars,
kujike-sooni natte mo even if I am almost discouraged,
zutto aishi-tsuzukeru yo. I'll keep on loving you
Hakanai yuki mitai ni so that, like the fleeting snow,
kono ima no shiawase ga my present happiness
itsuka kiete-shimawa-nu yooni. won't disappear someday.
--------
[UH] Aishiteru... [UH] Daiteite... [Uh] I love you... [Uh] Keep hugging me...7
 
Hateshinai ano kumo no kanata e Over that endless cloud,
watashi o tsureteitte! take me with you!
Sono te o hanasa-naide ne! Don't get your hands off of me!
 
Tenshi ga kureta deai wa Our encounter given by an angel
kiseki nanka ja nai yo. can't be a miracle.
Kami sama mitsumetete! God, keep watching us!
Umaretate no ai o This newly born love,8
eien ni taisetsuni suru kara. I swear, I'll cherish forever.
 
Anata no tame ni ikite-yukitai. I want to be living for you.
 

Notes

  1. Grammatically "The white love that has fallen down... lies thick on..." is better.
  2. I don't know what "signs" and "call" actually refer to (these "signs" may be their nicknames or some gestures), but I guess these signs are secret ones that other mates don't know or don't notice.
  3. SU-METAL's version is called "-Angel Of Death ver.-", and the second verse & chorus are skipped (between two --------).
  4. That is "I hope that a lot of your initials be in my new pocket diary too".
  5. "Yakusoku" means a promise, an agreement, or an appointment, and I choose the last.
  6. That is "I hope that I'll be a comfort to you like the sunbeams streaming through the trees when the snow melts and the spring is coming".
  7. SU-METAL sang "Uh" but it was sung by the backing chorus in the original.
  8. That is "God, keep watching us! I swear I'll cherish this newly born love forever".
        The form "miteite/miteiro, --- kara" or "--- kara miteite/miteiro" is often used. It is said not only to God (e.g. "Omaera miteiro, itsuka tataki-nomeshite yaru kara na!" = "Guys, just you wait! I'll beat you down someday!").

No comments :

Post a Comment